Starting Wednesday, September 22 Ontario’s Proof of Vaccination Policy will come into effect across the province.
What does that mean as far as hockey?
Beginning next week there will be an additional step at the screening area and anyone 12 and over will be required to show proof of vaccination and ID in order to enter arena’s. With a few notable exceptions:
• Players under the age of 18 ACTIVELY involved on the ice will not be required to show proof of vaccination to enter.
• Coaches/Trainers/Officials ACTIVELY involved on the ice will NOT be required to show proof of vaccination to enter. All spectators/parents/siblings 12 and over not actively on the ice MUST show proof of vaccination and ID in order to enter the facility.
• That means that if a player 12 and over comes to watch their sister play a game - they have to show proof of vaccination and ID
• If a coach is coming to watch a game they have to show proof of vaccination and ID
• All Players 18 and over MUST show proof of vaccination and ID to enter.
Anyone NOT going to be actively participating in hockey must still show proof of vaccination and ID if they are 12 and over.
As the new policy comes into effect City of Kingston screeners will be at the sign in table verifying vaccines and ID and naturally this will slow down entry. We ask that you are patient and kind. Please be prepared with both items when you arrive.
Once your vaccine has been verified you will still be required do the Covid-19 Screening and sign-in for contact tracing.
Please click the link below for full details:
Province of Ontario's Vaccination Policy
Please note per OWHA policy that as of Nov. 1st, 2021 it is mandatory, as a condition of eligibility to participate in any OWHA-santioned actvitiy that everyone born in 2009 and earlier must be fully vaccinated (2 shots plus 14 days). This includes all players, staff and volunteers, including coaches, trainers and officials.